Wednesday, September 10, 2008

iPod Touch 2.1 - First Impressions

After a lot of hassle I managed to install version 2.1 on my iPod Touch. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but I have founf two really good things.
  • Lyrics are finally supported
  • Additional information for podcasts is now visible
  • Genius Playlists (I haven't found the button that generates them, but then again, I am not sure if I synched after I enabled them in iTunes)
  • Faster backups
  • Changes in UI
  • Ability to turn off individual sound effects
  • For the first time I noticed the parental controls, but not sure if they have been there for a while
Any more, let me know

Update
I found a couple more things... after synching aain, now genius is enabled on the iPod. It is a cool feature, it generates 25 song playlists based on whatever song you are playing
  • When you have a partially heard podcast, you get a half full dot beside it, before you only had the dot wen it was new and nothing if you had started. Presumably this is the same for movies and prgrammes
  • The shuffle and repeat buttons are now below the ong slider, which makes it easier to choose a particular part of the song.
  • Album details are now also below the song when you are playing a track

No comments: