Friday, December 5, 2008

My Favourite Albums of 2008

A number of bloggers are coming out with the list of favourite albums of 2008. The swear I'm not Paul blog has a link to some of them on this post. Here is mine, somewhat different from what you will find out there. When I started, I thought I would only be able to pick 2 or 3, but I had trouble stopping at 15. Here they are:
  1. Asia - Phoenix. (The return of the original 80's supergroup lineup!)
  2. Marillion - Happiness is the Road
  3. The Raconteurs - Consolers for the Lonely (Check their wensite... pretty cool retro stuff)
  4. Polar Bear - Polar Bear
  5. Light Speed Champion - Falling of the Lavender Bridge
  6. Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
  7. Lisa Hannigan - Sea Sew
  8. Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement
  9. Aimee Mann - @#%&*! Smilers
  10. Alanis Morissette - Flavors of Entaglement
  11. Snow Patrol - A Hundred Million Suns
  12. Fight Like Apes - Fight Like Apes and the Mistery of the Golden Medallion
  13. Cat Power - Jukebox
  14. Coldplay - Viva la vida
  15. Curios - Closer
Not sure if these two count as they are live albums, which can be seen as greatest hits, but I sure liked them:
  • Suzanne Vega - iTunes Live: London Festival '08
  • The Police - Certifiable
As for the my favourite albums that I bought this year, they are a couple of old Porcupine Tree albums. I discovered PT last year, I am not sure how they flew under my radar for so long. But that's a story for a different day:
  • Stupid Dream
  • Lightbulb Sun
2008 has been a great year for music!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You drag me to 2 hours of Journey in the Stadium and then you don't even include Revelation in your top ten? Steve Perry would spin in his grave, if he was dead. Or maybe he'd be delighted....hmmm.
For shame amigo, for shame.

C. said...

Then it's a good thing that Steve Perry is not dead yet or even sang on Revelation. Admit it, you enjoyed, not only you had the fantastic opportunity to see Journey, but also John Parr, and on the same night!