Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lisa Hannigan - See Sew


What can be better than a new album that starts with a couple of a riff on a doublebass. It is quite unusual to listen to new "pop" music these days played with acoustic instruments.

There is a good review on the Swear I'm not Paul blog.

Let me just add a couple of things. In my honest opinion, this is the album that Damien Rice could have produced. The music styles are very similar, but this See Sew is so much better achieved. The arrangements are so simple, but they fill the space beautifully. I agree with the review, "I don't know" is the best song in the album.

Interestingly, the album is being published by Lisa herself. It can be bought in the shops Ireland, and online only from her website lisahannighan.ie. It is not available from the usual download sites.

1 comment:

Ronan said...

'I Don't Know' may well be one of the songs of the year.

This needs to be distributed much better.