Thursday, December 13, 2007

Squeeze at the Olympia

Last Tuesday (December 11th) I was lucky enough to see Squeeze for the first time. Having been brought up on the other side of the world, I was not very familiar with theit music, so I had to do some homework prior to the concert.

I was well impressed with what I saw, specially by the guitar playing ability of Mr Glenn Tilbrook and Stephen Large (previously from Tilbrook's touring band) on keyboards.

They played some of the expected favourites, including Pulling Mussels, Up the Junction, Goodby Girl and Tempted.

I have attached a picture from flickr of the setlist from a concert in Newcastle earlier in the year... it looks to be the same from the Dublin concert.

They still have amazing energy, and a back catalogue to rival any band's. I can see, had I lived here when I was growing up, that I would have been a big fan. All in all a great concert. If you are a fan of that type of music from the late 70's, early 80's, this is a must see show.

Here is the link to the flickr page:
http://flickr.com/photos/95547674@N00/2079312638/

No comments: